Made with Ampersand’s own True Artist Hardbord substrate, Gessobord is perfect for all studio and plein air painting applications. Its fine tooth finish is delicate enough for glazing, fluid brush strokes, and tight detail, yet tough enough to hold up to the most rigorous palette knife painting, collage, and masking techniques.
This premium archival surface is ready to use — no priming or prepping is required! Pre-primed with a professional-quality, acid-free Titanium White acrylic gesso ground for enhanced clarity of color, Gessobord is an ideal surface for traditional and water-based oils, alkyds, acrylics, collage, and mixed media.
Made from sustainable forest products that ensure the protection of wildlife, plants, soil and water, Gessobord is formaldehyde-free and contains no harmful volatile organic compounds.
Gessobord is made in the USA.
Museum Series Gessobord™
• 88% thicker acrylic gesso than other brands
• Consistently even, bright white finish
• Right level of absorbency, will not dull colors
Many Fine Art Uses:
• Great for oils, acrylics and mixed media
• Excellent for both fine brushwork and palette knife painting
• Ideal for thin glazes, alla prima and even impasto